Course Objective: Overview of developing an animation from 3D modelling to rendering, Basics of surfacing, lighting, animation, and modelling techniques.
Advanced topics: Character animation.
Software: Autodesk Maya
Class Time: On weekends 2 hrs class
Duration: 3 months
Fee: PKR 35,000/-
Essential Training Outline
- Getting familiar with the Maya interface
- Selecting and manipulating objects
- Creating hierarchies and layers in scenes
- Creating polygonal objects
- Extruding a mesh
- Working with subdivision surfaces
- Sculpting a basic landscape
- NURBs modelling
- Creating and applying materials and textures
- Adding lights and cameras to a scene
- Adding depth of field and motion blur
- Animating in Maya
Advance Training Outline ( Character Model & Character Animation )
- Designing a character
- Blocking out the body
- Modelling facial features
- Creating arms and legs
- Adding details: teeth, eyes, eyebrows, etc.
- UV mapping the character
- Adding textures and materials
- Animation Principles
- Bouncing Ball
- Pendulum animation
- Walk cycle
Course Project: At the end student must submit a project. Project topic will be given by the instructor.